Thentia’s mission is to improve the regulatory process with real world, scalable SaaS solutions. Thentia was founded in 2014 and is the thought leader in the space – selling its products in Canada and in the USA.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will join the finance team to help create and build the financial processes and analysis to support the company’s fast growth. At Thentia, we seek hard driving talent that is energetic and reliable. We seek those who are open minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges of a fast-paced business environment.
- Create, update and maintain financial models
- Create impactful presentations that are clear, concise and meaningful for the CEO and CFO and other key parties such as investors (existing and potential) and the board. The presentations tell the story with both insight and foresight.
- Create financial templates for budgeting and forecasting; support the preparation of the company-wide detailed annual budgeting process.
- Lead monthly/quarterly rolling forecast process.
- Identify, compile and monitor key metrics of the business.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for the CEO and CFO
- Prepare schedules/reports on a scheduled and ad-hoc basis for decision-making.
- Participate in / lead various projects and other assignments as required.
- Full cycle accounting for corporate entities, including preparation of bank reconciliations, intercompany transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations and month end close process
- Review and interpret terms and conditions of legal agreements to ensure revenue and receivables are properly recorded.
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules and record monthly recognized revenue journal entries.
- Manage corporate credit card payments, accounting and reconciliations.
- Manage government remittances: HST, Payroll and reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements as well as the preparation of monthly financial statement package in accordance with ASPE required for covenant reporting.
- Support requests from external auditors.
- Take initiative to identify opportunities to improve efficiency of month end close including assisting with automation projects as necessary.
- Participate in / lead projects and other assignments as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent financial analysis and modelling skills and experience
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Professional presence, good judgment and are diligent with confidential information
- At least 2+ years related experience combined with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance as well as a CPA designation (or in progress)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- 3-week vacation